Saturday, June 7, 2008

Yummy Truffle Brownies


Ok, so I needed...yes, NEEDED to try a new recipe. I found this recipe on BYUTV Culinary with Mary Crafts. She calls it Chocolate Truffle Fudge Brownies with a Chocolate Truffle Icing. Normally I only make BOX MIX Brownies (sorry, my secret is out!). I deceded to try out this easy recipe for dessert last night...and....WOW. They were so good. It's funny, everytime we have brownies Larry's insists on having ice cream, ALWAYS! So, after I made them, he and Maddie went to the store and got a Vanilla ice cream with fudge ripples and mini peanut butter cups (YUM!). So, needless to say, DESSERT was YUMMY!

Chocolate Truffle Fudge Brownies

Ingredients:
�� 1 cup melted butter
�� 2 cups sugar
�� 2 teaspoon vanilla
�� 4 whole eggs
�� 1 cup all-purpose flour
�� 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
�� 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
�� 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:In a large mixing bowl, blend butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Combine remaining dry ingredients and gradually add to butter mixture. Mix just until all ingredients are incorporated. Do not over beat. Spray a 9 x 13 inch cake pan with baking release spray. Spread brownie mixture into pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from edge of pan. Cool. Frost with Chocolate Truffle Icing.
These are very rich brownies so cut pan into 32 to 40 pieces. Keep brownies refrigerated in an airtight container for three days. Brownies freeze great for up to two months.

Chocolate Truffle Icing

Ingredients:
�� 1 cup whipping cream
�� 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate

Directions:In a medium sauce pan, bring cream just to the point of boiling. Pour chocolate in and stir until smooth. Take pan OFF heat! Pour mixture over cooled brownies and refrigerate until set. Each piece of brownie may be topped with a pecan half, if desired.
These would be really cute cut up and served in bon bon cups.

3 comments:

jamestownboys said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Your blog is becoming EVIL!!!

jamestownboys said...

OH you have to try the Brasilian Limeade I have posted on my blog - it is delicious!!!!!!!

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummy!! Your killing me with the pics!