Saturday March 13th 2010,
Sarah Grace Evans entered this world after one big push. She was 7 lbs 8 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. We still haven't decided who she looks like, so for now we are saying a good mix of the girls. She does however have a TON of hair, short BLONDE eyelashes, long fingernail beds, and super long toes :). She loves to sleep and get warm and cozy, this proves true when it's time to eat. She doesn't like to wake up at all. The girls love her and fight over who gets to hold her next. So they have to take turns, but if they aren't being nice to each other, then they loose their turn.
I went in Friday night (Thank you Tawny for watching the girls for a few days!!) to get Cytotec around 8:30pm. mini contractions started around 9pm and stayed consistent for HOURS and HOURS. They started hurting a bit more in the morning. Around 6 am they gave me pitocin and around 8:30am I got my epidural. I have had 4 epid.s and all different results. I loved this Dr. because he took the time to listen to my experiences and figure out how to help me. He found the "bad" spot in my back where i had the last epid. So he placed it in a different place. Surprisingly the Epidural was the least of my needle worries. THe night before they gave me an IV....well....TRIED for forever! 3 nurses, 2 pokes each, 1 Anesteseologist (sp?) ONE POKE===3 blown veins, 7 pokes, lots of gauze and tape, throbbing arms wrapped in warm towels.....and ONE IV from the DR. FINALLY! Thank goodness he came in when he did. I will take pics of my arms and post that later. Nasty looking.
Anyways.....I got the Epidural around 8:30am, then they broke my water. I knew it would only take about 4 hrs since that is what it was with the girls. 12:30pm I was told I was a 10 cm. Yahooooo! But we had to wait for the Dr. to come in so I could push. I did a mini prctice push about 25 mins before she came in so we could see where the head was.....and then we had to wait.......THen one big push and out came Sarah. They asked if I wanted to hold her right after taking her out. I told them I have a thing about holding nasty slimy babies...luckily they understood. Good thing I said that. She came out all WHITE...I mean WHITE gunk all over her. Even after they wiped her off it was still ALL OVER. She looked so much better when she finally got a bath. :). Everything went great and I felt great.
After the delivery she went to the nursery and I got moved to the 3rd floor. By then I was feeling really sick. THe last hour or so before having her some pain was coming back so they upped the epid. and gave me morphine....I had never had morph. before. So, I got really sick and totally wanted to throw up, but I couldn't with my two friends and the girls there. So i just sat back while they enjoyed Sarah. I felt so sick I couldn't even see how Kylie & Maddie were with Sarah :(. Later on when it passed I was watching Maddie hold her and she was just snuggling her and singing her a soft lullaby that she made up. It was so precious. Kylie went back home with my friend Tawny and Maddie stayed longer with my friend Tiffany and her hubby picked them up and took them to dinner then dropped Maddie of at Tawny's. Thanks girls!!!!! Well, that's all for now. I will post pics later.

.gif)
2 comments:
OMG!!! She is so beautiful. I can't believe all the hair, and blonde too. She is going to look so cute with her lil bows.....Oh, what it would be like to have a little girly girl.
Congrats Erica!!! I am SO happy for you and your beautiful little family!!! Rest when you can! (LOL)
Post a Comment