So, on Saturdays when Larry works, I tend to get a bit bored.....some may think.....what....a mom of two girls- bored-YEAH RIGHT! But I do get bored...well, at least it's my excuse when I don't want to do any of the things I SHOULD be doing! So, lately I have made curtains and some pillow case dresses. I was very proud of myself, I don't work off of patterns, so I just figured it out-at least for the curtains. Now for the dresses, I watched a 15 min. video online ($2) to see how to make one. Super easy.
http://www.mindbites.com/lesson/171-sewing-how-to-make-a-pillowcase-dress/first#
I made my own (pillow case) for the dress. I found this really cute fabric at JoAnn Fabrics that I wanted to use. I may try to find some vintage pillow cases later on. I just wanted to make one right then. And for the bows on it.....HELLOOOOOOOO, I have tons of ribbon to choose from! Lucky me!

.gif)
3 comments:
i don't look very good in pillowcase dresses...but i do see the appeal for other people...;-)
Thanks so much for writing about the pillowcase dress! Believe it or not, that pillowcase dress lesson is absolutely one of our most popular lessons. The dress that you made is adorable.
You should upload a lesson to http://MindBites.com on "how to make curtains". They look very cute in the picture.
Ellen from MindBites.com
your curtains turned out ADORABLE!!!!!!! That's one thing I've never tackled.
Love the dress too :)
Think PINK for me :)
Beth
Post a Comment