Well, Larry knows I love flowers, but I have been quite allergic to fragrant ones. So, when I woke up he was already gone for work. I got the gilrs up and I was getting them breakfast and noticed the red roses on the table. I was completely surprised! I didn't expect this at all. I guess that was the point. Larry's rational is that if I "Expect" them, then it's not as fun. Anyways, I was very happy and I called his to say thank you. He ended up being in cahouts (sp) with my friends hubby on getting the roses. I still don't know how.
We had a Joy School party at our house today with 5 kids....wow! But they all had fun!
For dinner we had Fillet Mignon with mashed potatoes and homemade roast gravy, carrots, and garlic/brown sugar sauted green beans with some sparkling cider. YUMMY!
Then to top it off, I made a triple layer choc. cake (box mix) from heart shaped pans. In between each layer I spread a thin layer of strawberry jam. I also had a recipe for homemade Choc. Ganache (YUM!). So, I also added a spoonful on ganache in each layer, then I topped it off by pouring it over the whole cake and adding strawberries. YUM YUM YUM!!!!! WHAT A KEEPER!
Chocolate Ganache
1 cup Whipping cream (cook until boiling -med-high heat) - on stove
then take off burner and add
10 oz. (2 cups) Choc. chips (I used 1 cup each of Milk/Semi Sweet)
***Let sit -unstirred- for 5 minutes
then stir until smooth and then add
3 Tbls. Butter (mix till smooth)
(you can serve hot or warm...also good for dipping fruit!)
*I added shaved choc. to the top
Even the next day out of the fridge, still moist and yummy!

.gif)
No comments:
Post a Comment