Thursday, November 6, 2008

Monterey





So, our drive into Monterey was nice and rainy. We decided to stay in for the night and order Pizza. Not the best....but who cares. We stayed in a little cottage. The beds were not comfortable at all and then the whole place was all TILE. YUCK! The floors were freezing. On Tuesday, we strolled up and down Cannery Row and had a SUPER $$$$ Lunch. We walked on the beach (for 5 mins), saw a ton of stupid birds everywhere. Some were even staying in the same spot while in mid flight. You will have to find the cool pic of that. Wed, we got up and went to the dock @ 8:30am to board a Whale Watching Tour. We were so excited!!!!! That is until I threw up not 1...or 2....or 3....or 4...but 5 TIMES!!! YUCK! Other than that it was a great 4 HOUR trip. The water was suppose to be nicer in the morning, which it was, but it was still WAAAAAYYYYY too much for me. We never have to go on another boat like that again out in the open water!!!!! The tour guide was amazed at what we saw. We saw a few groups of Humpback Whales, and also a ton of Transient (meaning those particular ones are normally NOT in that area) Killer Whales (keep in mind---Larry saw a whole lot more than I did!!!) The adult male dorsal fin can be up to 6ft tall. Then we saw some amazing Dolphins. They weren't the typical movie or Marine World Dolphins....these didn't have any dorsal fins. They were swimming all around the boat, it was amazing. I only saw these right after one of the times I had thrown up, so I was standing on the side of the boat. (Thank goodness I made it to the side of the boat everytime!!!!). The water was clear enough for Larry to get some amazing shots. Please bare with me for putting all of these on here....but I can't choose!!! After the LOVELY boat ride, we actaully came straight home. I wasnt' feeling well enough to go to Santa Cruz for the Mystery Spot, I was sad...but I was happier to be going home to my own bed and cheaper food. Thank you to Mom & Dad Evans for taking such good care of the girls!!!


4 comments:

The Gomes Family said...

I am so jealous, I want to do the whale watching now! I love the pics. Sorry you got sick. Send me the pics to my email please! When we went to Monterey when I was younger I used to think I could talk to dolphins like the show flipper. I know, I am a loser!

Emichan said...

Happy Anniversary, and those are some great pics! What you wrote in the sand is so sweet! I wish things could have been a little more enjoyable but it looks like you got some great memories, too! =)

bjd said...

Wow what a trip. I'm sorry you got sick. Blah. I hope you had a happy anniversary! I love your hair cut! Miss ya!

J

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

Wow! Awesome whale shots! So I take it you don't like seagulls huh? Heee Heeeeee