Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Maddie's Spa Day




For YEARS Maddie has been wanting to get her toes and nails done at the Spa. Whenever we pass by one (there's a TON here) she makes sure to let us know what the name of it is and reminds us of how many she has added up by then. So, for her 7th Bday her Nana Baird/Patton And Gpa Rick sent her some $ so we finally went to get them done. I couldn't ever justify spending that much on getting a kids nails done when I could do it at home. But I guess it is an "experience" that she just wanted. So yesterday I took her since she had the day off of school. It ended up being $25 for a Mani/Pedi. She got Hot Pink on her toes and Deep Red Sparkles on her fingers. It was so funny to see her in the BIG chair. They even put the massage thing on....soooooo funny to watch her head and body shake all over! She was a bit too short to let her feet soak all of the way but they made it work. When the lady was scrubbing her feet she tried to hold it in (so funny to watch, I should have taken a video) and she kept looking at me saying that it hurt, but when the lady asked her she would just say it tickled. I was laughing so hard. Just the looks that Maddie was giving me! LOL LOL LOL. She thought it was ready weird that there were soooo many steps before putting on the polish. Soak, scrub, cut, file, cuticles, lotions,base coat, polish, top coat, then dry under a light. I am not sure who enjoyed it more....me watching her or her getting it done. She did so good! Now she wants to go back again. Of course! We will see. I told her the past two year that she had to spot biting her nails and then I would take her. You know that was the only thing that worked! I think she stooped biting them with in the past 9 months. I told her I would take her at age 6, but she was still biting them. So glad she stopped! Happy Birthday Maddie!

1 comment:

The Aussie and the Owl said...

How fun for her! She looked like she felt all grown up in that giant chair with those ladies fussing over her :)