Ok, so most have you have heard...Larry accepted a job transfer through Progressive Insurance to move to Texas. This actually came at a great time since Progressive announced this week that they are letting go 200 people nationwide....100 from CA alone. They have been restructuring offices all over. They use to have a Branch Manager and then a few Team Leads (Larry was hoping to get to this position last year). The Team Leads were over the two dept.s of the office (Prop. damage & Injury). Larry works on the injury claims. With this whole change the Team Leads positions were dissolved, one of them in the office will now take Larry's spot as he leaves, but the other was let go. Crazy how things work out! Texas is also a good move for us since there's a lot more options for job growth there! And we have been wanting to buy a house (super cheap there) and we will also be close to family and good friends.Larry & I are flying out on May 31st to find houses for us. We were just going to drive out after Maddie gets out of school at the end of June and rent and apt, but I couldn't find anything under $1000. NUTS! So, we will get the ball rolling, put offers on houses, and then we will have a house by the time we get out there. Our Realtor said that houses are closing pretty fast in TX (30-45 days)...it's not CA...thank goodness.
Funny side note....I didn't know where to start to find a realtor in TX. I remembered an ad on BYU channel for www.LDSAGENTS.com , I went there and within 24 hours they connected me to a realtor. It's actually pretty cool, totally recommend.
So, we will totally miss our family and friends out here (in CA) but I know that the friends that I currently have will always be my dear friends where ever we live! I know it's totally crazy moving 1,500 miles away, but at least we have connections there. I know I will miss a ton of stuff being away from my Friends here like baptisms, birthdays, BABIES, and just fun girl time. I guess we all have to step outside of our comfort zones at some point, and I don't know if it's good or bad that this will be the first time in my life that I am able to do this. I have lived in Modesto for 29 years and I think it's my time. The girls are really excited to meet new friends and also to get to know their cousins better. I just ask for your prayers to help us along the way. We love you!

.gif)
10 comments:
Wow, congrats Larry and good luck! I'm sure you will love Texas and find many new friends.
Congratulations! You'll love the change I'm sure. You are so outgoing and friendly you'll adjust fast! We'll be praying for ya. Keep us posted on how things go!
J
Good luck! It will be an adventure! I will be thinking about you guys!
We will love having you near!
My prayers will be with you even though you didn't ask me my permission to move. I think it will be out of your comfort Zone. The humidity will be something to adjust to as well. Also, it rains a lot and the weather can catch you off guard. Robyn lives in Corpus Christi, where exactly are you going?
We are so sad to see you go, but are excited for your new adventures in Texas! It's my home state and let's just say you've got some really good BBQ ahead of you! ;) Hope you find a house you love soon, we're in the process of getting one in Riverbank hopefully...and it's taking forever!!! =p
I can't believe you're moving! Good luck with everything! Hope the move goes well!
Wow! I don't know how I didn't see this before!! Good luck with the move. Sounds like a great move for both job and family. Glad to hear you already have family and friends there, too. :) Moving's an adjustment and adventure. Hope you enjoy both! :)
Blessings!!!
Moving sucks...
You're blankets for our kids are awesome though...
good luck!
Welcome to Texas! We are new here also from CA... and LOVE it here so far!
Post a Comment