Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas




So, this year Christmas was just as we had hoped.....no stress. It was sort of weird not having ANY family around, but also very peaceful. I had made the rolls the day before, so the only big things we needed to do were......get the girls in bed (man, that was the easiest ever....why can't Santa come EVERY night?), and then preparing and cooking the turkey on Christmas. We woke up...oh wait....the girls woke us up (Kylie is now in a big girl bed), the we got our stockings and opened the presents. The family gift was a flat screen and a holder/stand...whatever you call it-- to put it on. The girls had a few fun little toys, but the best one was the BIG Santa gift. A 2 sided doll house. Way to go Santa!!!! Now the girls can have their own side of the doll house without the fighting. YEAH!!!!! It even came with about 50 pieces of furniture. They wake up and play without bugging us... yeah right....they still come in and beg for food. It's not our fault when they don't eat their dinner and then they are even more hungry the next day. So, after presents we played some games and relaxed, then realized....oh, I guess we can put the turkey in now. Not a big deal....we didn't have to keep to ANY schedule ( I have to admit, that was nice). After everything was ready......around 6-7 pm (yes, I know....we put the Turkey in a little late. But we normally eat dinner around 7pm normal days...yes, I know that's late too.) er ate a lovely dinner. For dessert I made a brownie pie. YUM! We had a great Christmas and we hope you did too. Please be safe and happy as the new year comes plowing on through. This year has gone by so fast, and a lot has happend. We are truly grateful for the Gospel and our family and friends, and for the MANY blessings we have recieved this year. Happy Holidays!!!

3 comments:

Nate said...

I think Santa forgot to drop a Flat Screen off at our house! Instead I got a new pair of running shoes... Pretty good deal I guess.

The Gomes Family said...

Yea, a big girl bed, her room looks great! I love all the pictures.

Angie said...

Is that the Emma Doll house from Costco? We seem to do all our shopping at that place. Emma got one too but she got it from her Grandpa. They said they had to because it was named EMMA! LOL