
So, I graduated back in 1997 from Beyer. I was involved all 4 years in the choirs. The best was the ALL girls choir -Liberty Belles. We were soooooo good. We have proof....we won 1st place out of all the other choirs (BIG and small) from all over the country my Senoir yr in Chicago. The choir consisted of 16-20 girls. We would go on choir tours to Sunnyvale, CA; Anaheim, CA; Washington D.C.; and last but not least Chicago. We had a blast in the festivals singing, showing off, seeing the sights, goofing off....and of course meeting all of the cute guys. During H.S. I was close with all of the girls in Liberty Belles, especially after spending so much time with them throughout the years. I have kept in touch with some, but not all. A few weeks ago, I found a friend (Erin) on face book...finally!!!!! Then from there 5 of us met up for lunch last week. We had a great time reminiscing about the fun times we had and also to share what we were up too. 4 of us were from Choir (Melissa, Brook, Erin & I) and then the other one ( we forgot to get our pics taken before she had to go) was Dana. It's funny. Dana & I had been friends since elementary school, but in H.S. we had different friends, so we didn't get to chat much. Her and Erin (Liberty Belles) actually met at college and Dana was in Erin's wedding. SMALL WORLD. Anywho. We all met up and had a blast. We missed everyone who wasn't there.
2 comments:
Fun!! Good times. :) I was actually just reminiscing about LB's this last week - on Christmas day I had the classical radio on and a women's chorus came on singing "Just Like the Snow" (or something like that) - do you remember that one? With the cool alto part "no snow...be thou as white..." (I so don't remember all the words!) Oh man, it made my day. Great memories! And I'd have to agree and say we hit four of the best years! ;)
Hope you had a great Christmas!
"No snow... be thou as white..." That was the lowest part! Ha, I totally remember that song. It's also good to see Lynette's pic. What a great big sis! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment