Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Got a 72 Hour Kit or Food Storage started???



http://safelygatheredin.blogspot.com/ food storage and kit ideas and recipes. Week by week.

Great reference above! We have slowly been gathering things for our 72 hr kit for the past 5 years...yeah, I know we are SLOW!!! Anyways, we finally condensed everything to a large duffle/suit case. We bought an awesome Samsonite red bag @ Costco last week for only $35. And also a great back pack for $15. The suit case/duffle is a rolling one....but it can also be worn as a backpack for those SUPER strong people!!! We can fit everything we need for the 4 of us in it! It has tons of pockets and cinchers. We put the food and heavier items on the bottom and the softer things on the top in the duffle bag part. The duffle can be loaded from either the top or bottom. It has made me more motivated to get more things done with regards to food storage. It seems so overwhelming, but we need to get it done little by little. Don't forget to add all of the important family info and paper work. We have added SS copies, birth certs, marr. cert, patriar. blessing, copies of title of cars, insurance info, medical info, shot records, etc. And don't forget to have CA$H on hand too.

Here's a list of what you need:

2 comments:

Anna said...

Thanks so much for the Info! 72 hour kits have been on my mind since we got married! I think its about time I did something about it!
Im coming dec 14th and will be in modesto until jan 11th I cant wait!!

jamestownboys said...

good for you :)
After about two years I finally updated ours and switched out the clothes for ones that actually fit the boys. (I still had diapers in our kit for Adam ha ha)
I did a post on mine at www.bethathom.blogspot.com :)