Saturday, July 24, 2010

4th of July





Well, this 4th of July we were actually settled in our house...unlike last year when we weren't even unpacked yet. Since it was a sunday this year we went to our ward and had a great Fast and Testimony Meeting. I actually got up and bore MY testimony....and I NEVER do that. My heart was full of GRATITUDE. It's funny since that what the lesson was on in my primary class that day. I said how I was grateful for my family (of course) and for our health, and my class, for the military troops and their families (Diane's hubby Blake just got home from Iraq the Friday before), for the Gospel and how grateful I am that I have been a member my whole life, and how grateful I am for the Book of Mormon! I am trying to follow the stake reading schedule to read the whole thing before next stake conf. So far so good!!! Anyways, it was funny, I was holding Sarah, but I didn't mind, so I walked up with her...she was like a shield. BUT...of course she started making tons of chatter, so a YW came to hold her for me! My shield was GONE! :( . I make a joke since I actually got up there and brought a little cheat sheet with the things I wanted to say. Oh well, at least I didn't forget anything....oh wait I DID! And Larry reminded me when I sat down....I forgot to say how much I LOVE him and the girls. SORRY SWEETIE!
So....for celebrating the 4th....We went to Fabian's for dinner then went with Fabian and his family to a nearby shopping center where they set off fireworks. We took over a few parking spaces and enjoyed each others company and watch the fun fireworks. I hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July. Thank you to all who have served, currently serve, and who will serve our wonderful country. And bless the their families!

No comments: