Friday, January 15, 2010

Projects of 2010

Ok, so I have 9 weeks left and it is flying by and there's so much to accomplish. I have been busy sewing things for the nursery the past 2 weeks. Diaper Stacker, Crib blanket, Valance, (designing all of those myself), then a boppy pillow cover, and then a few other flannel blankets. Maddie & I designed the blanket and we are so proud of it!






Last week I got a call from a friend of the lady that had me at the craft show in Dec. She had fabric and wanted me to make a 48" x 48" baby blanket (ok...first of all....I do NOT "QUILT"), I mostly deal with cotton and minky (mostly) with a simple inside out turn and top stitch. I know how to patchwork, so I said ok since she wanted a simple quilt. So she lives about 40 mins away and she mialed the fabric to me. Way cute stuff. It was Humpty Dumpty fabric with coordinating fabrics. I finished the patchwork top fairly fast and easy. I added the batting and minky dot, flipped and top stitched. Bu then I realized I needed to tack it down somehow with all of that batting. Luckily our quilting group for our ward met yesterday and they gave me some great pointers!!!! So within each of the 16 squares I sew'd (how do you type that anyways?) a 6" square in the middle. turned out pretty good, the minky backing didn't even gather! YAY. It took forever trying manuevure the fabric as I was sewing in the middle of the blanket, but I did it. Here's some pics.





So my NEW Projects for the next 9 WEEKS: (I feel like I been very productive by making all of the above things in 2 weeks!)
1. Freezer Meals
2. Learn how to use a Dehydrator
3. Organize my house and start Food Storage...for real this time. I even have the Food Storage Binder.
4. I went to a class on couponing...so now it's time to implement.
5. I have been organizing all of my recipes, I even put them in a binder and I have dividers...it looks fabulous! I was happy I got to use my label maker. I still need to get some page protectors, and then make a list of each item in each category.
6. I need to (hopefully today) organize my pantry and master closet to make room for food storage.
7. My main goal for this year is to stay on top of everything...yes I know it will be hard with having a baby... I need to be PRO-ACTIVE, and be POSITIVE, and set GOALS. Without goals I don't feel like I get anything accomplished.

So, let this post be inspiring to you. You may not be on a time limit like me, but remember to always do something for yourself as well. I know that doing all of these things will make me a better person and I will learn a lot and I am really excited! Oh yeah....and LAUGH A LOT throughout the process! I do! I am grateful for Larry and all of his support with my crazy ideas and my girls who love to HELP!!! They have even helped a ton with the laundry and they are so ecited for Sarah to join us soon!

Well, here's to getting as much as I can done in 9 weeks!!!

4 comments:

The Gomes Family said...

This looks so great! Great job!

Suzi said...

FABULOUS!!! ;)

APRIL EVANS said...

I always get so jealous of how crafty you are. These things are so cute!!! Can't wait to see the new lil girl

Unknown said...

I found your blog! Very cute projects and I'm impressed with your motivation during the home stretch. I'll look forward to checking in for updates on your family and projects.