

So, I wanted to make something nice for the mom's who helped out with Joy School this year since we couldn't have done it without them. Here's my attempt at the Cupcake mini's covered in choc. I couldn't find a Red Velvet cake mix anywhere...Duncan Hines is the only one who makes it and they are seasonal...go figure. So, I decided to go with the standard choc. Everyone seemed to like it, but they were actually too sweet for me (keep in mind that I had been licking my fingers the whole time from the melted choc...yes I would wipe them after. I guess they actually turned out pretty cute. I ended up buying truffle or bon-bon boxes from JoAnn Fabrics to put them in, then I added a cute eyelet in the top corner of the box and tied a matching bow. Now for the next idea...either the oreo ones or the nutter butter..oooh and for sure the brownies with the reeses mini cup center! YUM! Oh, I also want to make brownies, cut them in 1" squares and then dip them in choc.....oooohh yeah! Maybe I need to start making some salty and fruity stuff too. Any ideas?
1 comment:
This little dessert idea is the cutest things I've seen in a long time - I checked out her blog and did lots of reading and checking out of her recipes. One thing that concerned me was that a lot of people, and now you, said that they didn't really like the TASTE of these. DANG. I hate to go to all the trouble to make something that doesn't even taste good. Makes me want to just stick with the same 'ol cupcake but step up the decroating a notch.
Your's turned out so cute :)!!!!
Post a Comment